Wednesday, October 4

Response from TREF in re: Sworn Allegations - Not My Job

Snail Mail - Post Marked September 29, 2006



September 28, 2006

Dear Mr. Cook:


The Registry is in receipt of your letter dated September 22, 2006 concerning the removal of the Registry members present at the September 13, 2006 pursuant to T.C.A. §2-10-203(k). As you can understand, this matter cannot be handled by the Registry or the Registry staff. I have enclosed a copy of Attorney General Opinion U91-125 stating that the Attorney General, a District Attorney General or a group of ten or more citizens may institute an ouster proceeding against a member of the Registry.

Based on this opinion, I am returning your original sworn complaint so that it may be filed with the appropriate party. If you have any questions, please free free to contact our office.

Sincerely,
/s/ Drew Rawlins
Executive Director

NOTE: Could things have changed since this 1991 Opinion? They added (k)(2) with Ethics 2006 in Feb 2006. I think Mr. Rawlins needs to request an update from the Attorney General. Not me, I'll go with the plain language of (k)(2).

No comments: